Your future starts here
The Sr. Director, Client Service is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client relationship. Acts as the primary contact and information conduit with the client and project delivery teams. The Sr. Director, Client Service establishes deep knowledge of key clients and their industry, becoming a trusted advisor. With client trust, a successful candidate listens and advises clients on solutions that will help move their business forward.
This role will also guide internal teams who develop creative solutions that meet client needs, expectations and budgets while balancing project scope and resource management.
Managing Client-Related Efforts
Focuses on value realization for clients, alignment of efforts to customer strategy and overall G2O success across multiple engagements. Elevates G2O to a position of trusted advisor.
- Serves as the main point of contact for key clients with large or multiple efforts in place
- Oversees day-to-day management of client projects – works with delivery teams to ensure on-time, on-strategy and on-budget delivery
- Serves as an escalation point to remove obstacles from project teams
- Anticipates needs and earns respect as a trusted advisor and strategic partner
- Understands client’s industry and challenges – works to provide ongoing value-added strategies and POV with the lens toward client partnership
- Serves as champion to pull integrated activities together for moving the client’s business through road mapping, development and launch
- Develops and grows client relationship across key stakeholders
- Builds budgets and ensures compliance of records integrity and agency policy guidelines
- Manages multiple projects within a common account or multiple clients
- Works with project manager and team to monitor, manage and provide frequent status updates on all activities, in addition to a monthly account report
- Works with line of business leader and operations leader to manage overall account revenue projections and project profitability
- Anticipates and resolves potential problems/issues and pulls in appropriate resources to solve those issues
- Works with the Business Development team, Line of Business leadership team and other domain leads to develop proposals, cost estimates, statements of work, etc.
Enabling Expansion and Growth
Seeks depth in understanding of customer growth strategies; offers insights to support customer growth. Helps inform customer strategy and proactively position G2O based on strengths and ability to execute.
- Maximize value for client for direct and indirect resources supplied by G2O
- Works with internal SMEs to develop and craft growth strategies, concepts and blueprints for client growth
- Monitors account analytics and project performance metrics
- Advocated the client’s point of view in internal meetings and ablance that wit the needs of the internal team
- Cultivates strong client relationships that result in organic growth and repoeat business
- Works with delivery team to ensure on-time, on-budget completion of al group projects and th reporting of budget stats to clients where necessary
Team Leadership and Leadership Qualities
Provides G2O team on assignments with knowledge and skills about client to excel and win; collaborates with delivery teams on unified delivery and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Builds a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines, and agency offices where relevant
- Provides feedback as received/appropriate to G2O teams
- Collaborates with delivery director on team performance and feedback
- Guides team regarding nuances of client needs and challenges to avoid conflicts
- Understands client contracts, budget trackers, statement of work (SOW) etc. to ensure G2O compiles and delivers upon agreements and obligations
Industry and Domain Leadership
Provides relevant thought leadership to clients and becomes an expert about the client and their industry.
- Understands market trends in clients’ industries
- Connects client with externally relevant thought leaders
- Goes beyond solution partner and works to become a knowledgeable industry resource and strategic partner
Customer Positioning/Leading the Client
Have courageous conversations with clients that force introspection and thought. When appropriate make improvement suggestions.
- Develops an aspirational vision for client(s) and manages them up a maturity curve
- Understands clients’ pain points, anticipates client’s business needs and manages client to “ideal” from G2O perspective
- Challenges the client to establish a culture of overall improvement with open and honest two-way dialogue and feedback
- Evangelizes client and benefits for client within G2O
Ideal Client will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, highly preferred
- At least 15+ years of experience, in a client service role at an agency or consultancy, with proven growth responsibilities – consulting on technical solutions, customer experience, product and data & analytics
- Healthcare, financial services, retail, public sector industry experience preferred
- Can speak with authority and confidence when addressing clients and executive leadership
- Can “read between the lines” – ask the right questions to uncover a client’s real needs or concerns and translates effectively to both the client and the G2o internal team
- Proven experience at successfully meeting revenue targets driving teams with influence
- Is local to Columbus, Ohio and open to a hybrid work environment – spending time both in office and at client’s offices if necessary