Your future starts here
Whether it’s exploring opportunities to improve an end-to-end experience, reimagining a value proposition, or prototyping simple fixes to help an organization make progress toward a CX strategy, at g2o we believe that leading with the north star experience and then iterating toward it with creative solutions is how we help clients achieve valuable outcomes.
As a Service Designer on our CX transformation team, you look beyond touchpoint solutions and apply experience-led thinking to define and deliver new multi-channel service strategies, ecosystems, or even new businesses to the market. You bring creative solutions for iterating toward better holistic service experiences within the constraints of an organization. You thrive in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment and know how to tell a compelling story about the future. You are a thorough, big-picture thinker, who can also roll up their sleeves and dig deep to deliver rewarding experiences.
You will be responsible for articulating a view of the target end-to-end service experience, engaging a wide variety of contributors and prototyping toward it. Day to day this includes:
- Working within a cross-functional team to create and drive the delivery of both virtual and in-person service experiences that are impactful for customers and associates and measurable for the business.
- Mapping the service experiences of users and defining how organizations need to change what and how they deliver so it’s more effective
- Understanding and articulating clearly how services need to change from a user centered, system, and business perspective
- Co-designing new service models and value propositions or defining how organizations can re-organize themselves to deliver
- Facilitating work sessions and engaging with a wide range of contributors across the organization to collect inputs
- Translating opportunities uncovered through research into ideas, exploring multiple directions and prototyping creative solutions of varying fidelity for both learning and communication tools.
- Generating and thoughtfully articulating future concepts and experiences that envision how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Producing artifacts to guide the creation and evolution of products and services such as Service Blueprints, Journey maps, Concept Designs, Storyboards, Service Experience prototypes, and Value Proposition Proposals.
- Working closely alongside strategic researchers to uncover the biggest experience priorities or planning and executing critical test and learn experiments
- You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details. You get a lot of pleasure in seeing projects through.
- You thrive on taking the leap from insights to sparking new ideas and the process of exploring what is possible.
- You’re passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
- You easily communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, partners, and clients. You can tell a good story.
- You use diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service and use those tools to bring clients and team mates along on the journey.
Required education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a design consultancy or service design related position
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design Research) and willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Project or work experience that required you to understand and innovate within the fuzzy front end of the design process
- A strong grasp of qualitative research and the experience to know when it is needed and how to apply it. Familiarity with planning and scoping research studies based on understanding of client needs
- Experience working on a collaborative team; within an agency environment where you were “client facing” is preferred
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- A passion for Customer Experience Design and its centrality to the future success of large organizations
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Figma, Sketch, or other similar tools used widely in the design community
- College/University Degree or Equivalent
More about G2O
We’re different than other companies at G2O. We blend the research and design, technology, and data expertise to deliver the solutions our clients crave — and we do all of this as one in-house team, from vision to execution. We’re also the largest company of our kind based in Ohio to do this — and have been evolving how we do it for 40 years.
Individually, we bring a wealth of experience from diverse backgrounds — personally and in business. We’re a diverse and passionate team of leaders and experts in technology, data, analytics, design, content, and more. But we think we’re best when we put our minds together. Each person brings something distinct to our team — some unique flavor to their background or their experience. That makes for stronger collaboration — and elevates the outcomes for our clients.